If suffering alone, all the world would be wise.
To suffering must be added, love.
ANNE MORROW LINDBERGH
Pain is a part and parcel of life. Whenever your body has some issues it indicates the symptoms by sending pain signals to the brain and thus we experience it. We have to live with the fact that our body at some part of the time becomes weak and signals us that we need a proper treatment.
When there is some injury to your body, the nerve receptors below the skin send electric signals to the brain. One method of easing your pain is to provide your nervous system with high speed "good feelings" such as rubbing your injured area. This is the same principle that a tens machine (pain relieving machines utilizes to provide pain relief.
What is a TENS machine?
The abbreviation is Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. The basic functioning of a TENS machine relieves the pain via sending an electrical signal to the nerve receptors below the skin and via them to the brain. It helps in modest short-term pain relief. Endorphins are natural painkillers so these machines stimulate impulses and act as natural painkillers. Doctors recommend this therapy along with other medications as it soothes the pain.
It is just a small battery –operated device that has leads connected to pads that are sticky called electrodes.
Who should use it?
- Old age is where your body starts giving up and all your functioning depends on medications, your bones start to pain.Help relieve your muscles along with medical practitioners advice and use a proper TENS machine to suit your needs.
- Arthritis pain is just unforgettable; all the joints start paining and have inflammation. A TENS machine can’t cure it all but surely does soothes up your pain signals.
- A common pain experienced is the Period pain and it is chronic to a certain level as there is no running away from it. You can relax your muscle pain with the TENS machine.
- Knee pain and back pain are common nowadays. When you sprain your knee or back while playing some sports, lifting something heavy or while doing a heavy workout, you cannot take painkillers always for such pain so TENS machine is the ideal solution.
How to Use a TENS unit?
Follow the manufacturer’s guide always before using the TENS machine. TENS machines are small and lightweight, so you can use them while you're working or doing something. You can put it in your pocket, clip it to your belt or hold it in your hand.
You can use TENS throughout the day for as long as you like, although it shouldn't be used while you're driving, operating machinery, or in the bath or shower.
Positioning the pads:
1. Before positioning the pads keep in mind that it is switched off. Position the pads near the area that is paining at least 2.5 cm i.e. 1 inch away to get better results. Turn on the machine when you have attached them at the right places, you will get a slight tingling sensation after the machine is on.
2. Take a note where the pain is located. Outline most tender area of pain.
3. Use two or four pads as one won’t help at the same time depending on the type of TENS unit you are using.
4. Alter the electrical flow according to your comfort change the distance between the electrode pads and/or the direction of the pads. The pads can be placed in three directions vertical, horizontal and angulated.
5. Don’t place the pads over the joints such as knee, elbow or ankle as the movement can alter adherence of the pad.
The important guide to place pads:
- When pain extends a significant part of the body then place one of the pads vertically on top of the pain and the other below it.
- When the pain is in smaller area place the pads parallel to each other.
- When the pain overlaps the joint place each pad on the muscle just above and below the joint in a horizontal and parallel direction.
- When the pain is wide, place the pads on the left and right side of your spine in a vertical direction.
Dont’s of using a TENS unit
It ain’t safe for everyone to use. Follow these guidelines
- If you have a pacemaker or any other type of electrical or metal part implanted in your body.
- If you are pregnant or in the early days of pregnancy.
- If you have heart problem or epilepsy.
Get the Best TENS machine:
After knowing about various TENS machines in the market we finally found the ideal one. The 1ByOne TENS unit is the one that will satisfy all your needs.
Know the features:
- It has wireless control and also optional wired mode. You can control the device via Bluetooth App for effortless control while walking, sleeping, reading or cooking.
- 8 simulation modes are present with 100 intensity. You can use a timer for about 10 -540 minutes. The simulation modes present are Circulation, Kneading, Acupuncture, Beating, Scraping, Cupping, Percussion and Acupressure.
- There are four pads present each one is for different body area. Reusable and self-adhesive pads are available on Amazon.
Get full body relief with 1ByOne TENS unit with better discounts and reasonable price on Amazon.